My husband loves cheesecake, and really, who doesn’t. To reward him for all the hard work these last couple of weeks we’ve spend moving in and setting up our new home, I decided to make him a cheesecake with a Brazilian twist. The guava adds a tart and sweetness that goes great with the cheesecake.
Makes two 4 1/2 inch round cheesecakes.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – 2/3 cups
- Cream Cheese (room temperature) – 8 Ounces
- Granulated Sugar – 6 Tablespoons
- Butter (melted) – 2 1/2 Tablespoons
- Eggs – 2
- Greek Yogurt – 3 Tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Guava Paste (like this one) – 1/3 cup
- Mix 2tbs sugar and and graham cracker crumbs, then mix in melted butter
- Pack crumb mixture into 4″ or 4.5″ non-stick springform pans
- Cook crust in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 6-8 minutes (this is optional, we tested one pre-cooked crust and one not, and they both turned out great)
- Whip the cream cheese, 4 tbs sugar, greek yogurt and vanilla extract together until there are no lumps. Fold the egg in. The batter will be a bit runny, that’s okay.
- Pour the batter over the crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes on 350 F (pre-heated), remove and let cool for 90 minutes before putting it in the fridge to cool completely.
- Micro-wave the guava paste about 45 seconds (or heat on stovetop until melted)
- Remove cheesecake from pan and plate to serve
- Pour the melted guava paste over the cheesecake